Looking for Frankfort Homes for Sale?
In 2007, Frankfort was ranked 36th by Forbes.com as the most rapidly developing suburb in the entire country. This trend seems to be continuing – in 2013, the population experienced a population growth of 75% in only thirteen years. In other words, the population more than doubled in under two decades.
Why is this ten-mile strip so popular? Frankfort is conveniently located thirty-five miles southwest of Chicago, and provides a trendy mix of old and new by retaining its rustic 1890s charm. Here’s what is keeping the locals local, and the visitors coming back for more.
Historic Downtown Frankfort
Downtown Frankfort has a rich American history that dates about to the mid-1800s. As such, its store fronts retain the frontier architecture of more than a hundred years ago, the street lamps are replicas of gas-powered lanterns, and the hanging flora baskets resemble the wildflowers of yesteryear. Although the streetlamps and sidewalks look-old fashioned, the entertainment and cuisine are both modern and excellent.
Here is what you can expect to find in the downtown section of Frankfort:
• Critically-acclaimed restaurants – Downtown Frankfort’s restaurants are some of the best in southwestern Illinois!
o Cocktail bars, ice cream parlors, bakeries, gourmet restaurants, and more!
• Browse trendy modern boutiques that are independently owned and offer a wide variety of fun trinkets and antique collectibles.
• Get a fashion makeover at one of the area’s many top-quality beauty salons.
• Downhome Guitars will have you wailing on the strings in no time.
o Acoustic guitars, mandolins, ukuleles, and more!
• For a full list of vendors, including over a dozen food establishments, click here.
Also located in downtown Frankfort is the Frankfort Area Historical Society Museum, established 1972:
• See historical documents from the beginning of Frankfort’s history:
o Original village plans from the 1800s
o Local historical maps
o Census records dating as far back as the 1850s
o Frankfort artifacts that depict the previous generations’ way of life
o Information about the Native Americans (who inhabited the land for over one-hundred and forty years).
Are Frankfort homes for sale right for you?
Over six-thousand homeowners reside in the Frankfort area, and you can become one of them. If you are interested in learning more about Frankfort homes for sale, I can help. Call me, Jack Gawron, at (708)302-9527 or visit my website so that my team and I can get started searching for homes for you today.